Update 04/26/2011: I was able to successfully install the latest NodeJS version (v0.4.7) so, I am updating the instructions to reflect that.
Pre-requisites: Cygwin with Python & some additional packages (we’ll go over that in a bit)
- Double click Cygwin’s setup.exe and continue till you get to select packages window
- Select Python
- Select Make
- Select G++
- Select wget(not really required but, good to have for downloading archives & stuffs )
- Click next and complete the installation
- From cygwin type the following commands. Note: At the time of this writing v0.2.0 is the current NodeJS version.
- If all goes well, then you should see NodeJS’s version when you type the following command.
For Windows 7 & Windows Vista users, please run rebaseall with -v option as suggested in this comment.
Thanks Vladimir for your suggestion
Now its time to crack some code to your heart’s desire